Suppose that a dominant allele (P) codes for a polka-dot tail and a recessive allele (p) codes for a solid colored tail. If two heterozygous individuals with polka-dot tails mate, what's the probability of the phenotype and genotype combinations of the offspring? A. 75 percent chance of a polka-dot tail and 25 percent chance of a solid colored tail (25 percent PP; 50 percent Pp; 25 percent pp) B. 75 percent chance of a polka-dot tail and 25 percent chance of a solid colored tail (75 percent Pp; 25 percent pp) C. 25 percent chance of a polka-dot tail and 75 percent chance of a solid colored tail (25 percent PP; 50 percent Pp; 25 percent pp) D. 50 percent chance of a polka-dot tail and 50 percent chance of a solid colored tail (50 percent PP; 50 percent pp)

Answers

The answer is A. When doing crosses with Punnett squares, two heterozygous individuals will produce one dominant, two heterozygous, and one recessive. The genotypic ratio would be 25% PP 50% Pp and 25% pp. The phenotypic ratio would be 75% polka-dot tail and 25% solid-colored tail. Since Pp has a dominant in it, it overshadows the recessive so 25% and 50% added would be 75%.


0 0
Only authorized users can leave an answer!
Can't find the answer?

If you are not satisfied with the answer or you can’t find one, then try to use the search above or find similar answers below.

Find similar answers


More questions